Thursday, July 30, 2015

P is for Practice




I wanted to get back into sketching and had asked some of the animators at work if they would like to work on a drawing exercise together. The exercise has you work with 3 basic shapes and 3 basic colors that are assigned to each shape. Everyone had to choose a theme and make sure they used all the space inside the shapes. For my theme I chose Guardians of the Galaxy and the art piece above was my completed assignment.




After the shapes had been completed the next part of the exercise was to break the character out of its shape and design it. Part of this exercise was to use the same monochromatic palette for the color that represented the shape you were using. Above is my character design for Ronan the Destroyer and I referenced the old clone wars cartoon to for the specific art style. 

No comments: